Fancy Goldfish with small lump and white stuff coming out of it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I really need some advice on what’s wrong with my goldfish.

Recently he start to grow small lump on side of his body, and that lump usually get exploded with white stuff on the second day, by third day it will start to heal.

This is the 3rd time he has this now. I have used eSHa 2000 for treating but not sure how effective it is as he still keep having it. None of his tank mates have the same issue.

Although looks a bit concern in the photo, he is completely fine, eating and swimming as usual. Tomorrow he will start to look normal again until the next time he has it again.

Any suggestions on what is it?

Attachments

• DA5A8E28-DB00-443C-8278-BF57EC6014FA.jpg
    DA5A8E28-DB00-443C-8278-BF57EC6014FA.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 47974012-A545-4312-98A0-3D4AC25C998B.jpg
    47974012-A545-4312-98A0-3D4AC25C998B.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 36
Beautiful animal! Is that lump white? If so, and it grows into the the same thing my BRP developed it's going to turn into something like Lateral Line disease. This meant I had to medicate the hell out of him to keep him alive. I wish I had taken pictures of the infection but I was so horrified by the way it looked that all I could think at the time was "FIX IT, NOW!!!"

Beautiful animal! Is that lump white? If so, and it grows into the the same thing my BRP developed it's going to turn into something like Lateral Line disease. This meant I had to medicate the hell out of him to keep him alive. I wish I had taken pictures of the infection but I was so horrified by the way it looked that all I could think at the time was "FIX IT, NOW!!!"

Many thanks for your reply!
What medication did you use?

His lump is not white, the stuff exploded from the lump is white. It fall off by itself and the lump will eventually disappear. However it will start to grow again somewhere on his body :(

Many thanks for your reply!
What medication did you use?

His lump is not white, the stuff exploded from the lump is white. It fall off by itself and the lump will eventually disappear. However it will start to grow again somewhere on his body :(

My pleasure Lin. I used seachem Metroplex for 3-weeks of isolation. Your symptoms sound mostly the same as we experienced. One other thing: If you have to move your fish to isolation, please pay attention to the way he smells. When I moved Micky (my adult BRP) he had a very powerful and weird smell.

Please let us know how your issue turns out.

My pleasure Lin. I used seachem Metroplex for 3-weeks of isolation. Your symptoms sound mostly the same as we experienced. One other thing: If you have to move your fish to isolation, please pay attention to the way he smells. When I moved Micky (my adult BRP) he had a very powerful and weird smell.

Please let us know how your issue turns out.

Thank you, I will have a try on that medicine.

Back
Top Bottom