fantail goldfish has growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

susanne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, we have a 50 gallons fish tank with a fantail goldfish (3 years) and 2 sucker fish (yep together in a tank without any problems).
They are doing very well. The fantail is very active and happy, eats very well but has a large growth between her eyes for the last 2 - 3 months. And I am getting worried. It doesn't seem to hurt or bother her ( but what do I know).
Anybody has any ideas or has ever seen or heard about this before.
We are not doing anything different with the tank water. Help!

susanne said:
Hi, we have a 50 gallons fish tank with a fantail goldfish (3 years) and 2 sucker fish (yep together in a tank without any problems).
They are doing very well. The fantail is very active and happy, eats very well but has a large growth between her eyes for the last 2 - 3 months. And I am getting worried. It doesn't seem to hurt or bother her ( but what do I know).
Anybody has any ideas or has ever seen or heard about this before.
We are not doing anything different with the tank water. Help!

Please post a picture. Is it on it's on the head, in the eye? And have u checked ur water parameter?

Hi, thanks for answering. I have a picture but I am having trouble
resizing it to something smaller- it is jpg and 1.18 MB.
It is actually where her nose should be if she had one (daft I know).
It is floppy and soft tissue. It was small at first but it is rather big now.

Just to let you know that I found her dead in the tank this morning.
I just can get over it. She was so ok yesterday evening. I am devastated.

susanne said:
Just to let you know that I found her dead in the tank this morning.
I just can get over it. She was so ok yesterday evening. I am devastated.

I'm so sorry. She looked like a gorgeous little goldfish

Yea, that did not look good. Sorry to hear she passed. Fish get tumors and odd growths, just like the rest of us. At least she had a good life with you while she was here.

Animals are really good at "hiding it" when they are ill. Let's face it, an injured or sick animal in the wild is next on someone's menu. Millions of years of evolution have taught them to carry on as if nothing is wrong, and then they "just fall over", much to everyone's surprise. Birds are famous for hiding their health problems, fish are almost as bad.

Back
Top Bottom