Fastest Way To Set Up A Quarantine tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My fish are super sick, most likely with columnaris. Whats the fasted way to set up a QT to transfer my guys until i figure out how to deal with the columnaris. I can for sure get a disease free filter cartitge from an existing tank.. I have lights and posssibly a tank only thing I would need is a heater.

Columnaris needs to have the whole tank treated not just individual fish.
A hospital tank where meds are going to be used doesn't need to be cycled .

How do I set that up and what meds should I use? Online I found multiple ways but didn't say which was best

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kannamyacin and nitrifurazone are the chosen meds used together to defeat columnaris.
They are sold as seachem Kannaplex and Furan2.
A hospital tank is BB(bare bottom) heater, filter and water.
Quickie is water from main tank and go.
No cycled filter as meds will kill it so you have to change water daily or as needed in hospital tanks.
I always change water when using meds to make them more effective.
Almost every med says to do a large water change first as nutrients in water will weaken the meds.
These are the links to read on columnaris;
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/columnaris-and-what-i-have-learned...-1689.html
Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention

You need a bare bottom ten gallon tank with an airstone and heater. And yeah the meds coralbandit suggested.

Okay thanks guys I'll go tomorrow to pick everything up. You thing pets box store will have the meds

Check their website. Nothing on website, def won't be in the store.

Wow I am so screwed. Both big stores don't have em. Only place I can get it would be from the same store that infected my fish

You can use a food grade storage tub, then transfer your heater and air pump over to it. For meds, maybe buy on Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom