Feeding problem - Bettas and Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epicgear60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have a Bettas and corydoras. Whenever I feed my Betts, its usually flakes and I feed the corydoras sinking wafers. Recently however, I notice that my Betts is beginning to eat the sinking wafers and the corys aren't getting that much of it!

Also, I found one of my corydoras burrowing into the sponge I placed on the hanging filter's suction stick for the bettas tail. I took him out but he was Rly injured. He can swim and all but his fins r bleeding. I guess the Cory was looking for food and tried going in but couldnt get out. What do I do yo fix the feeding prob and to heal my Cory?

Bettas are piglets & very sorry your Cory is hurt. Do you have any way to QT your Cory? What will be best for him is LOTS & LOTS of fresh water. If he has open wounds there is a possibly infection could set in & you want to avoid that if at all possible so frequent water changes will be necessary. As for the feeding delimna there are a couple of things you could try, feed the Cory's after lights out. You could segregate the Betta in a breeder box or something for feeding time, feed the Betta in segragation, drop the sinking food & wait an hour or so or once you see the Cory's have eaten then release the Betta. It may not work in the beginning because everyone will need to re-adjust to this new scenario but eventually the Betta will associate the box with feeding time. My female Bettas will eat their pellets & then still eat the Algae wafers I drop for the CAE's & snail so you're problem is not uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom