Female Betta Ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vatilla

Aquarium Advice Activist
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
She is a female Betta, and she has some kind of white/grey growth on her face. I will post a picture below. She also seems to have some kind of fungus growing on her side in stringy-flowing fashions, along with near her egg spot. I can't get a picture of this, it's nearly invisible (I tried).
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Ammonia: Between 0 and 0.25 (most likely 0, it shows up as this sometimes and I just gravel vacuumed).
pH: 8
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 20

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
Currently in my emergency 2.5g QT, but she's usually in a Betta sorority of 6 girls (soon to be seven when one is done in QT) in a 10g tank. The tank has been running since February, but I've only put the girls in in the end of July. They were previously in a 30g since April.
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Marina s15, unknown GPH, bought used.
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
Seven fish, all female Bettas relatively the same size (she's the Alpha and biggest).
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
I last did both gravel vac and WC on Sunday and do so every Sunday. I remove 30-40% each time.
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
I've had her since May/June.
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
I added a little rock thing with a hole to swim through, but that was when she was already in a cup in the tank.
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
I feed them Aqueon Betta Pellets, Nutrifin Betta Pellet, frozen Bloodworms, freeze-dried Daphnia and have just switched over to Omega One pellets, as suggested by someone on another forum.

This is what I'm talking about with her (Note** "Bumps" on her body in the first pic were just passing bubbles) :

img_2628862_0_b59025a9d9e37b74265813cc86e92267.jpg

img_2628862_1_799bb9aa8d3139c357498a42ad7e7fb1.jpg

EDIT** The growth thing is by her left eye.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom