Female betta looks bloated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvallejo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there skmething wrong with my betta she looks really bloated.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1390089008958.jpg
    1390089008958.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 98
Possibly swim bladder disease ? Don't give her food for a day then give her deshelled peas.

Is she swimming normally? If so it just looks maybe she was overfed. Their stomaches are the size of their eye They only need one of those pellets each day or one or two bloodworms at a time. If your using any freeze dried foods soak in water before feeding.

Fast her for 3 days and then offer a shelled blanched pea.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She is swimmim well so I will fast her

I think so,

Breeding? I've never thought about doing that. Is there anither way or will the eggs just go away?

Breeding? I've never thought about doing that. Is there anither way or will the eggs just go away?

The eggs will eventually fall out if she is not bred

Breeding is not necessary and with bettas can be challenging. They will reabsorb or fall out.

Breeding is not necessary and with bettas can be challenging. They will reabsorb or fall out.

Very challenging the food is next to impossible to see. The father can barley see his fry and let alone you.

Have you tried starving the fish for a couple of days? Did you know that their stomach is only the size of their eyeball and most people overfeed them?

I actually bread her and she is perfectly fine now

Is there skmething wrong with my betta she looks really bloated.

you probably feed her to much. do not feed her for a month, but I would put a week feeder in there so she does not starve. I have several neon / tetras (I think that look like that) but I think that is just fat or she could possibly lay eggs. how long has this been going on?

don't feed her for a long time, but so she does not starve, put a week feeder in and I think she will be fine. she will possibly have eggs

whoops reposed same thing XD

Last edited:
you probably feed her to much. do not feed her for a month, but I would put a week feeder in there so she does not starve. I have several neon / tetras (I think that look like that) but I think that is just fat or she could possibly lay eggs. how long has this been going on?

What do you mean a week feeder? One of those vacation feeder things?

Op never use a week or vacation feeder! They just pollute your water! They just sit and rot away feeding your bb. Fish can last over a week without food so why would you want them to constantly be able to eat? Also isn't this setting a fish to be bloated? Fish will eat if there is food. They obviously don't know when to stop.

Back
Top Bottom