Female Betta not eating and pale colored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
My adolescent female, Angel, is usually my most ravenous eater and she stopped eating a few days ago and isn't swimming around half as much as she was before and was being tipsy the other day, not so much now. This morning I noticed that she's pale colored because her face usually has dark red on it and it's not there and her red fins are lighter as is her peach body. She's got stringy white feces though and I can't seem to get around what could be the problem. I tried feeding her peas but she wouldn't eat it. >__< hellllllp

edit: nevermind I just saw that post on internal parasites and that does fit her description..... -___- yay me.... I have internal parasite medication but it's food.... Would bettafix maybe do it? I have that too.

I think the bettafix might help prevent any secondary infections/problems (dropsy can be one of them) that can be the result of a problem with internal parasites. It is really up to you though. I try not to medicate if I don't have to. Good luck with your little girl. I hope she pulls through. Female bettas a special little fish who will always have a place in my heart.

@__@ when my adult female had internal parasites at least she ate...but then again she had like flesh eating parasite or something and she pulled through. I can't figure out how Angel got the parasites though because none of my other fish have it. My mom thinks that one of my other fish might but I can't trace it to any of my fish because when Sasha was infected she never went in that tank at all because I isolated her... X.x can they just get internal parasites from nowhere... like the parasites just all of a sudden appear in the tank?

If I just put the medicated food in there and she doesn't eat it will the medication still go into the water? Though I know to take out the food if she doesn't eat it but I was just curious X.x

Back
Top Bottom