Female bristlenose red belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebecca73

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I am a newby to this site, but I am in need of advice on my female bristlenose. I just noticed her belly when she was sucking on glass a fleshy red bulge(looks like it is coming from her bottom) and pale white circles around as well. I did a water test and the nitrate and nitrite were high, do I did a 30% water change. I have 3 large males, roughly 12cm but the boys seem fine. Can someone help my female? Thank you!

Hi! I am a newby to this site, but I am in need of advice on my female bristlenose. I just noticed her belly when she was sucking on glass a fleshy red bulge(looks like it is coming from her bottom) and pale white circles around as well. I did a water test and the nitrate and nitrite were high, do I did a 30% water change. I have 3 large males, roughly 12cm but the boys seem fine. Can someone help my female? Thank you!

A pic would help. But I think it's pestering because when my first female bristlenose died she also had a red stomach from bullying. Try moving her to a different tank then see if the redness goes away. Or try and watch and see if anyone's bullying her. And 3 males is not a good idea because they will bully each other try and exchange them for females so 1 male and the rest females are a good I idea unless you don't want a bunch of babies that is haha.

A pic would help. But I think it's pestering because when my first female bristlenose died she also had a red stomach from bullying. Try moving her to a different tank then see if the redness goes away. Or try and watch and see if anyone's bullying her. And 3 males is not a good idea because they will bully each other try and exchange them for females so 1 male and the rest females are a good I idea unless you don't want a bunch of babies that is haha.

I will send a pic after work, I brought all 4 when they were an inch big so I couldn't tell what was male/female. It's not so much red belly. But a bulging fleshy red that looks like its coming out of her? 2 makes are pretty big and have occasion fight, but not over her, it's who gets to hide in the cave!

I will send a pic after work, I brought all 4 when they were an inch big so I couldn't tell what was male/female. It's not so much red belly. But a bulging fleshy red that looks like its coming out of her? 2 makes are pretty big and have occasion fight, but not over her, it's who gets to hide in the cave!

Ok I can probably tell better from a pic and I would still get rid of the males incase more problems insue.

Back
Top Bottom