Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Female platy sick

My female platy Cas has been acting very off recently, hanging around the filter not swimming around as per usual. She looks very bloated, but does not have the pine-coneing dropsy signs. She's been acting this way for about two to three weeks now. She hasn't been pooping as far as I can tell, but when she does it's white and stringy. I'm thinking internal parasites. She did just give birth to about 4-5 fry recently.

The water conditions are good; no ammonia, nitrites 0, nitrates <20. the other fish appear normal, except for a fish I recently had to euthanize for having a bunch of diseases at once (pop eye, fin rot, velvet). other than acting odd and being bloated, she appears to be fine. Anyone know what's going on? she's such a pretty fish.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Perhaps recovering? Is she getting hassled by the males at all?

Nothing like that in the other fish?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

She was getting hassled a little bit, so I moved her to a different tank for now. she's still eating fine, but not pooping as far as I've seen.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

also, one other platy had similar stringy feces so I'm treating them both with API general parasite cure for now.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Try feeding her some crused peas, nuke them in micro for 30 sec and remove skins...this is good for constipation....good luck!

Tags
female, ick, male, platy, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com