Female Platy with orange internal spots *Photos Added*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonstinton

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, We have two female sunset platy's and 1 male, recently another female died from an internal infection where her scales were sticking out on one side. Now, we still have three week old fry and the other female (the one that is not the mother) has developed some orange blob-like spots inside of her. They run along her back and there are three of them. We didint notice them last night but did this morning.

We are due to do a large water change tonight, and have just done another water test and it appears fine.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Will try to get some photos uploaded later today.

many thanks.

Jon & Liz

Sorry still havent got photos, i'm trying to get my camera to zoom in on them properly. Will get them hopefully later today. Thanks.

The fish still has these orange 'blob's and they are onl visible on her left side, but they definitly appear to be on the inside.

Will update later today, i promise.

Thanks.

Jon&Liz

Hi, i have finally managed to get some almost decent photos of the problem. The 'blobs in question are less visible in these photos than they are in realy life, and they are still only really visible from her left side. She doesnt seem to be acting differently, but we were just worried about what they might be.

Any help, advice or comments?

Thanks

Jon&Liz

Thanks Menagerie, We'll keep an eye on her. Have booked marked the two links too!

Thanks

J&L

Back
Top Bottom