Female sick or having problems birthing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This girl became sick today. Im wondering if she is having problems brthing because her back side is bulging.

Photos uploading. There was a snail in the breeding box that died yesterday.

Attachments

• image-920210908.jpg
    image-920210908.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 71
  • image-231157511.jpg
    image-231157511.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 62
I was gone for a week, hubby took care of tank so not exactly sure if he overfed. Did 80% WC yesterday. Before WC Ammonia 0, NO2 0, NO3 40, ph 7.6, GH 10. She was laying of bottom an hour ago. Breathing heavy. Put her in breeder box which has food on the bottom from my messy snails. They stay in it cuz the guppies nip them.

Sorry to keep posting. I keep noticing things. Her left gill area is red. The other side is ok. its like she cant move the fin on that side. This is weird but the skin on the birthing are looks really extended. Poor thing.

Attachments

• image-1028543541.jpg
    image-1028543541.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 59
Hmmm...Your guppy looks like it will have babies any time soon.Next time,don't put her in the breeding box,it stresses her out.Unless there are no plants the babies can hide in,or there are a lot of other fish.Oh AND CLEAN the breeder box,it looks a bit dirty..Just make sure the water quality is good at all times.Sorry I don't know what your guppy is experiencing.

She just died. :( That was quick.

have never seen a bulge on a pregnant female like the one she had. After she died I was abled to get a better look. It appeared that the outside skin was open like it should have been when giving birth but the inside layer wasn't.

She is a year+ old and has had lots of babies.

Hmmm...Your guppy looks like it will have babies any time soon.Next time,don't put her in the breeding box,it stresses her out.Unless there are no plants the babies can hide in,or there are a lot of other fish.Oh AND CLEAN the breeder box,it looks a bit dirty..Just make sure the water quality is good at all times.Sorry I don't know what your guppy is experiencing.

Yes the box is dirty but, like I said, the breeder box is used ONLY for the snails. The algae wafers make a mess even if I clean it daily. I put the sick fish in there when I saw something was wrong with her. I DONT use it for birthing. I keep the water very clean. My females have given birth to more babies than I care to admit ... in the plants, under the plants, they aren't too picky.

Back
Top Bottom