Fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Molly's fins look like they're deteriorating. Shes a year old.
And then her fin has started turning white at its base. However I don't think it's ick.
She has suffered and recovered from a very bad case of ick about five months ago.

Any help? Please?

image-2368604974.jpg

Nitrates and nitrates are both at zero.

Ph is at 7.2

I keep the temperature around 78-80 degrees.

She is also the only fish in my tank that looks like this.

If that is the case, she is probably being picked on by the other fish. Who are the tankmates?

What is the male:female ratio like in the tank?

There are six female mollies including her. Two male mollies. A male dwarf gourami. And six red minor tetras.

I've never noticed the tetras picking on anybody so I don't think it was them.

She is also pregnant.

Molly's can be big bullies, And will chase others of their kind around.

Lots of clean water will help repair the fins, but if one of the fish is.doing it it will keep happening

Well... It looked like it turned out to be ick. Which was the last thing I wanted. Last time I had ick my entire tank was wiped out. Except for this particular molly.

Raise the tank temperature to 86 degrees. That will wipe out the ick over the course of a week. No medication needed. Just lots of water changes

Thanks. I hope I'm a little more prepared for it this time. I might give up fish keeping if my tank gets wiped out again. I hate losing fish.

Back
Top Bottom