Fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there was something I could add to help heal the tattered fins on my angelfish. I just got them and I'm pretty sure being shipped & my over feeding is culprit. I'm going to try upping wc's & reducing amount (not frequency) of feedings. Just wondering if stress coat or something might help. Thanks.

image-3416543557.jpg

This is the worst of my new pinoys. Had for about a week. Feeding 3 times as they are juvies 1/4 size.

What are your water parameters?

If you are feeding heavily, you will need to vacuum uneaten food and poop from your tank daily. If you have plants, consider rehoming them as food will get caught in them and foul your tank. Growing baby fish requires a bare bottom tank with all the extra feeding.

Clean out your pre-filter sponge daily, and rinse out your filter media in a bucket of tank water once a week, empty filter of water, and give the walls a wipe.

Run a UV in your tank. How large is your tank? The UV must match the size of your tank.

See if it improves their fins in a week.

Readings good - except trates (20). Going to do wc today and rinse filters. Also reducing amount I'm feeding. Already have uv but not really a good one. Green killing machine (biggest they make). Tank is 56 gallon heavily stocked. Can't really rehome plants yet. Will look into that.

Back
Top Bottom