Fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JF213

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry for the double post but I was advised to post to this section.

Can somebody please help me treat this fish? I had a really bad case of ich around Christmas. Seems to have caused several other infections that are wiping out my tank.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420328264.075237.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420328277.127598.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fungus, improve water quality and temperature, and if needed use a solution of methylene blue at the rate of 5ml per ten gallons of water for at least 7 days. Improve diet as well. Methylene will destroy Nitrifying bacteria, so best to use it in a cycled hospital tank.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for asking. I am sad to say that he die the next morning. I am at a lost for the first time in years. I have lost too many fish in the last 2 weeks.

It all started when I bought 5 new Columbian tetras from petco right after Christmas. I think they had ich when I purchased them but noticed too late. within 36 hours all five died. I since have been fighting ich and several (I believe) bacteria infections. Since then I lost my firemouths (2), 3 Cories, and the gt.

ammonia 0
Nitrate 30 ish
Nitrite 0

I have been doing about 15% water changes every day since.

sorry to hear this. I hope you get it sorted out. The only thing left I can suggest if you still have fish is to try api general cure. It has worked for me when I was not sure what was wrong. I may be way off on this also.

The fish in the tank had fin decay, white spots, 2 had white patches, cloudy eyes. I really think that the ick allowed for a bacteria infection.

I was finally able to cure the ick problem. I also treated for several fungal diseases, but this fish kept getting worse. I do not think that was a fungal fin rot. I now believe it was bacteria.

Matt how are those with inverts and plants?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IDK nick, i use to not keep anything like that in my tanks. The water here is so hard that live plants are tough to keep alive. Furan-2 and plants is something your gonna have to google.

Back
Top Bottom