Fin rot?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orchidbetta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I would like to get some advice on wether or not my betta has fin rot. He is in a cycled 5 gallon tank and I do water changes weekly. I don’t know if I should put some salt or other treatments. Please I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 31ECA00E-BD8A-465A-881D-11D27DABD9B8.jpg
    31ECA00E-BD8A-465A-881D-11D27DABD9B8.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 44
  • EBCE0D57-7AEE-401F-B4F9-26C84849C8FD.jpg
    EBCE0D57-7AEE-401F-B4F9-26C84849C8FD.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 45
  • EA952751-3B2F-492F-A2D6-7D9C31A1B302.jpg
    EA952751-3B2F-492F-A2D6-7D9C31A1B302.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 35
I would like to get some advice on wether or not my betta has fin rot. He is in a cycled 5 gallon tank and I do water changes weekly. I don’t know if I should put some salt or other treatments. Please I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

That's a stunningly beautiful fish.
Fin rot? I'm not seeing it. I've had only one case of fin rot and was amazed he came out of it. It lost at least 2/3 or more of all his fins, had absolutely no appetite (that was the first indication something was wrong) and his dorsal fin was locked to one side.
It came on quick and it was frightening to see big pieces of fins falling off. Fin loss continued for about 3 days.
The locked dorsal fin started to relax around day 4 and that's about the time he started eating again.
It took about 2 months to return to his previous healthy condition.
There are a lot of people here that can assist you better than I could, so I'll just close by saying Ihope your betta is well.

What type is your betta? Were the tips of his fins always like that? If it's fin rot, I'd put in a tablespoon of API aquarium salt, be sure to mix it till it dissolves with some of the aquarium water first or you'll burn him.

Salt will help if it isn't bacterial. If it is, you need medication. Why do you think it's fin rot? What signs have you seen and have you seen his fins deteriorating since you've got him?

He may have been in less than desirable water conditions prior to you getting him and may only need consistently good/great water conditions and he'll heal naturally.

Back
Top Bottom