Fin Rot, AGAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnature

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, the first fin rot in my aquarium to one of my Blue Flame's ended up badly, he died. This time, I bought 5 Fancy Guppies. They all seem to be fine and active. I got them yesterday evening. One of them seems weaker, has less color on his tail, is getting further away from the others and I finally figured out what is going on one minute ago. He has fin rot. I have delt with this before, and I know this is going to end badly. Hopefully he will get better. It's is awful having to look at him. He will probably get stuck to the filter like my Blue Flame did.

Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED although I can look back at the other fin rot thread but still, it didn't work. Should I buy medicine? I am going to the pet shop anyways tomorrow to buy ammonia and nitrite test kits.

Thanks in advance! :D

Usually super clean water helps heal mild cases of fin rot. It is probably a bacterial infection so if you plan on treating it with medicine you might want to move it to a hospital tank because most antibiotic medicine will kill the good bacteria.

Thanks so much but I noticed today that it was a false alarm! I am so happy! Sorry about that, but Guppys have long fins and are always swimming. I jut bought another decoration and two new violet lights for my aquarium. All the fish are happy and swimming, especially after lunch!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom