Fin Rot and Ick....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 planter goldfish and 2 fancytail, well one now. My goldfish just developed Ich (well, you only notice it on the fancy tails), so I went out and bought the ICh meds. I treated for a day and the next day one of the fancy tails died :cry: ... The planter fish look fine, but now the fancy tail that I have left has devoloped fin rot!!! :x What do I do now??? Can I treat the Ich and the fin rot at the same time? or is that too much meds? maybe whater changes??? HELP!!!!

Lots a water changes.
What kinda meds did you get? Did you follow the instructions exactly?
you can get meds that will treat both. But since fin rot isn't really deadly i would just treat the ich for now.

sorry about your fishies!
ashley

MORE MEDS??

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much to reply!!! I am using the Wecco 'Nox Ich' (they make the 'DeChlor') and for the fin rot I just bought (but have not used yet, because not sure about too much meds) Aquarium Products 'Anti-Fungus'. The ICh says to treat for 3 days and the anti fungus says to treat once and then again in 48 hours if symptoms don't clear up. So, what do you think? Should I go ahead with the anti-fungus?

Back
Top Bottom