fin rot fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mindy2400

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, I have a community tropical tank, 65 gallon understocked with 2 angelfish For tetris 3 green catfish one peppered Cory cat and a couple of very small algae eaters. My angelfish has come down with fin and tail rot and I need to treat immediately. I have a read for my son but I'm not sure if I can treat my community tank with this. All the water parameters are good 0 nitrates 0 ammonia ph 7. I have a hang on the back filter for up to 75 gallon tanks and I also have a sponge filter that is also rated for up to 75 gallon tanks. Tank is heavily planted

I recently treated a 90 gallon tank for that. I used api furan-2 and did 4 doses, with a water change between the 2nd and 3rd dose. I did this because multiple fish in there had it. Also, other milder medications didn't work, so I went with antibiotics. All good now. But treating a big tank is expensive. Took 4 boxes. You'll need 3. Also erythromycin and fin and tail rot cure both work too

Oh, it prob does affect the biological filtration some, but i watched my parameters and fish and never had a problem. No plants either. It made the water cloudy and took 2 changes after to get it clean again

Back
Top Bottom