Fin rot or nipping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McClapyourhands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently put 5 tetra in with my male beta in a 10 gallon tank. I have had them in the past together, but these are new fish, so I know my beta's personality can be different. I had these guys for about 2 weeks. When I first got the tetra there was a lot of nipping between them, but nothing more than establishing a pecking order. Since then there hasn't been any problems. My beta doesn't appear to be bothered by them. He claimed his territory and the tetra stay away.

Yesterday I couldn't find one of my tetra (I have a ghost shrimp who may have added to the disappence) and this evening I found another one dead in my tank. My water levels are natural but I am a concerned because I noticed one of my tetras fins. I included a picture, any thoughts? I plan to do a water change tomorrow, do i need to get medicine?

Attachments

• 20170503_220018.jpg
    20170503_220018.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 57
Can't tell from the picture but I'd be VERY suspicious of the betta before deciding it's fin rot .

Back
Top Bottom