Fin Rot Question (Baby Fry)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vhicks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have one lone Molly that appears to have Fin Rot. I initially thought it was Ich but based on posts I've read, it's definitely Fin Rot. I'm pretty sure she contracted Fin Rot due to her lowered immune system and stress from just giving birth. I have the fry in a Breed and Show box inside the tank, worried the fry will contract the Fin Rot as well. At this time, none of the other fish, one molly and three guppies, all appear to be fine. Good movement, active, eating, etc. Oh, and I also did a 50% water change this morning.

The problem is... I cannot quarantine the fish. The tank is at my work office (10 galloon) and we have no other tanks.

Best course of treatment?

How often are the water changes and how much is changed normally?

Have you tested to see what the water parameters are? Ammonia, NitrIte & NitrAte...also pH?

If there are fry sometimes people overfeed which causes poor water quality. Which is probably the major factor in fin rot.

Numerous pwc of 25% would be preferred AFTER the first issue of water quality is addressed. Also Prime water treatment can help. Clean fresh water would be my priority.

Only 4 fish and how many fry? Guppy fry?

Is there any aquarium salt added?
Do you have a pic of the fin rot, can you post one?

Back
Top Bottom