Fin rot wont stop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ipalarez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta and guppies are experiencing fin rot! everyday it gets a little worse. I know its not nipping because my bettas top and bottom fin are eroding slowly and in uniform, his rear end keeps tearing apart! I had the betta alone in the tank for a few weeks and he was experiencing it as well, i added the guppies and now they have it too. I've watched endless videos, i did a salt treatment and the bettas fins began to grow back but then it got worse. I used API GENERAL CURE, API EM ERYTHROMYCIN, Health Aid ICH-X, no water changes for a week, and the problem continues:banghead: HELP ME PLEASEEEE my bettas fins were so lush and fluffy, id like to restore them to their formal glory!
He looked so beautiful in that little cup at the store, how could it be that cup was better for him than my cycled, water changed weekly tank?

my questions:
1) What is the cause/ are the causes of this?
2) How can i avoid this?
3) How can i grow their fins back?

BIG QUESTION!!:
4) My other Betta (Beatle, my buddy for 3 years) died in this very tank from old age, velvet, dropsy!Looking back he always had fin rot, i just never knew..... So, Should i have gotten rid of the water he was in completely and just restarted my cycle?....OR is it okay that i did a water change a few times before i put new fish in?
(I medicated all my fish with the method and medicine trio)
About my Tank:

1~ Victims: Young Male Betta, Male guppies (shown below)
2~My tank parameters in (mg/l) :
CAC02 General hardness 50
Free Chlrorine 0
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0-1
Carbonate 40
Total Alkalinity 120-180
PH 7.2

3~ 10 GALLON, 1+ years
4~ Dual sponge filter from Amazon
5~14 fish: 2 khuli loaches, 1 betta, 2 glo tetras, 5 neon tetras, 4 guppies.
6~Water changed today, 50% water changes once a week.
7~All relatively new fish, (less than 1month) Already showing signs of fin rot
8~recently added new substrate and plant and fish but this problem has been going on for long before all of the new additions
9~tropical flakes, dried blood worms, betta pellets

Attachments

• IMG_8547.jpg
    IMG_8547.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8529.jpg
    IMG_8529.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8530.jpg
    IMG_8530.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8553.jpg