Fire Eel trouble!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocksandSalt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've been really excited to keep this eel and after checking all parameters I thought my tank was ready for him.
When I introduced him, he pecked around and even established a territory, but he hasn't eaten anything specifically since i bought him five days ago. Now I've found him gasping, wrapped around objects, and with a slightly bloated look.
He also has a white patch which may be a scratch or fungal, I can't tell.
Im hoping it is bloat and indigestion from moving stress so I have him in an epsom salt bath with a couple drops of pima fix atm.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on with this guy?
Thanks!

My old fire eel went three weeks before first eating. What are you trying to feed him? Have a pic of the white spot? Maybe a burn mark from hiding by the heater?

he actually has two now and that might very well be if he is wrapping around things.
He looks even more despondent now

I haven't been able to feed him anything and i haven't actually seen him eat anything yet

I've had two in the past. They would only eat worms for me.

Hi all,

I know this is an old post but I need some help.

I have a fire eel and I have noticed some white parts of skin on it underbelly. It's not White Spot/Ich. It's not harming it as far as I know and it feeding fine.
I just wanted to know if anyone has seen this before or can help to put my mode at rest.

Reading all the post to ask the question, if can help it would be good and put my mind at rest.

I have added a few pictures for you to see.

Thanks guys!!!![emoji225]

IMG_3350.JPGIMG_3351.jpgIMG_3352.jpgIMG_3353.jpgIMG_3354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom