first-aid kit & supplies to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolchinchilla

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I tried searching on this forum and found nothing probably because I can't find the right search terms. :roll:

I'm going to do an order from Big Al's and I'm looking for advice on what to purchase. 8) I have a 15-gal tropical tank and a 29-gal goldfish tank. I was looking for a list of first-aid meds and stuff for my fish. What is important to have on hand for my fish?

Fish First Aid kit
Pimafix & Melafix
methylene blue
Formalin and malachite green (quick cure)
Praziquantel (prazipro)
potassium permanganate (clean nets/plants)
FW aquarium salt
Marycin 2

Anything else I should add? Should I have some medicated food on hand? What about having some fish vitamins or garlic?

Thanks in advance!!!
:pepsi: :popcorn:

well, Melafix is methylene blue ....

You don't really need the salt

As for garlic, there is a food out there that has garlic in it .... this makes the fish eat it as well as the meds and that is New Life Spectrum

Serlunchbox...

Melafix is made from teatree oil (melaluchea). Is Teatree oil methylene blue?

I think you have it covered. I like to keep handy the salt, melafix, and broad spectrum antiB. The only other thing I can think of is if you need an extra heater/filter so if you need to QT you can quickly set up a hospital tank.
If you want to be super prepared, its also nice to have the antiparasite food from jungle.

You might consider Seachem Prime. It's great for ammonia spikes and a general "add first, test second" if a problem arises. That is if you aren't already using it as a dechlor.

Wizz -- I've heard fabulous things about prime. However, I own a quart (!) of AmquelPlus which is supposed to be good for ammonia spikes as well. I also have 2-3 bottles of Wardley's cheapo dechlorinator. (I got some from my mom when she decided to give me her tank.) I think I have enough dechlor to dechlorinate the ocean. 8O It is going to last 10 years! Anyway, Now that I've heard such good things about prime, I'm sorry I own so much other.

Back
Top Bottom