fish being eaten

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naglefish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I have just upgraded from a 30 to a 95 litre tank. I have mainly tetras (neon, harlequin and zebra), 3 mollIes, 2 guppies, 4 platties. firstly I want to know if I can have some more fish in it. But my main problem is that the last 2 days I have lost 3 fish, due to having their tails chewed off. I thought It was the mollies but no it seems to be the platties. I have just looked online and found out they all seem to be male. Is this a problem? Should I get some females? Why have they started doing it now as they have all been together for about 4 months!

I'm confused and upset. What should I do? What can I use to temporarily separate them as I only have a small fish net to catch then with and I have no car tomorrow so can't get out and I don't want to lose any more fish

they sell tank seperaters. Mollies will be bullies, I have some and they chace the smaller fish but just to claim the spot. If you add female platys you will have repopulation problems.

reefdiver said:
they sell tank seperaters. Mollies will be bullies, I have some and they chace the smaller fish but just to claim the spot. If you add female platys you will have repopulation problems.

But they have been fine for months as then have been all together in a smallest tank. Why do you think they have started now.

Back
Top Bottom