Fish choking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carranneh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new guppy that came from a lfs. She was skinny when I got her (she was not the fish I pointed to. Lol and I didn't notice until I got home). I've been watching her and she's trying her hardest to eat, but there's something blocking her throat. It looks like a small stone. Now her gills are really red. Is there anything I can do for her? She's starving to death and having a hard time breathing. If I can't help her, I'll euthanize her because she's clearly uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sadly, there doesn't seem like much to do, but probably euthanize her. Sorry about the fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm with keegster, there isn't much you can do on such small fish besides euthanasia

I'm updating this one because I always appreciate knowing what happens.
I crushed food for her for a few weeks and made sure she got to eat the bits. She managed to put on some weight/size and spit the stone out I guess. One day it was just gone. She's great now :)

Great I've heard of people using tweezers to remove gravel I wouldn't be comfortable doing that but.
My black comet choked on a pellet once it was very scary I don't feed him them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom