fish disease identification help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outblessed

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello, i recently had to put down one of my guppies. im new to keeping fish, and got her about 6 months ago.
a week ago, her belly started inflating and her fins started rotting. her spine began to develop a curve and just a few days ago she gave birth to two fry. after this, she began to develop a red and yellow patch on her belly and her eyes started to protrude from her head.

i euthanised her today to put her out of her misery, but im wondering what kind of disease/sickness she had.

photo :
IMG_2202.png

Water quality issues possible. Did you have testing to see what the water parameters were before water changing?

Internal parasites, Guppies seem to have these issue frequently.

Impacted birth

Fish TB, Tuberculosis

Bent spine can be genetic which generally would have been evident at birth. Which would point towards a internal problem giving birth, or poor water quality, weak fish (being relentlessly chases by males can do it), vitamin deficiency.

How are the other fish looking?

Are you familiar with the nitrification cycle, the info in the article in my signature link is full of really helpful information. Fish keeping game changer knowing about it.

And this article directly below is useful for helping to identify disease...
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/fish-disease-index-for-diagnosis-and-treatment/

Back
Top Bottom