Fish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys I have a 50 gallon planted tank that has been running for a year. I stock rainbows and rams mostly. I bought a goyder river rainbow a few days ago and I noticed when I got it home that it had a weird growth on its lip. A couple days later I came home and found it dead at the bottom along with my bristlenose pleco who looked like he had been snacking on him. Today when I got home my one Mickey Mouse platy was dead. ANN are all at 0. Any ideas?

Alright guys I have a 50 gallon planted tank that has been running for a year. I stock rainbows and rams mostly. I bought a goyder river rainbow a few days ago and I noticed when I got it home that it had a weird growth on its lip. A couple days later I came home and found it dead at the bottom along with my bristlenose pleco who looked like he had been snacking on him. Today when I got home my one Mickey Mouse platy was dead. ANN are all at 0. Any ideas?

Sounds like it might be a quick moving bacterial infection. Neither a fungus or a parasite would act that fast.

If I were in that situation, I would probably look at using a broad spectrum antibiotic such as Maracyn plus

Back
Top Bottom