Fish dying and water trouble!!!!!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so my tank has these little bitty white things that keep appearing on the glass all over it and the water is turning yellow and it smells a little, but I just changed my filter and i have had like 6 guppies die and my mystery snail i have had for like 5 months died to ! I don't know what to do PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!?

Ok so my tank has these little bitty white things that keep appearing on the glass all over it and the water is turning yellow and it smells a little, but I just changed my filter and i have had like 6 guppies die and my mystery snail i have had for like 5 months died to ! I don't know what to do PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY!?

We need a little more information.

1. What are your Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate readings?
2. What size tank?
3. What fish are in it?
4. How old is the tank?
5. What is your tank maintenance schedule?
6. Do you have driftwood?

Those white things that keep appearing on the glass are common with newer tanks. I'm not really sure what they are, but they seem to be harmless or at least I've never heard of any issues caused by them. They will go away in time.

If you have driftwood it is common for it to leech tannins into the water. It is 100% harmless but does turn the water tea colored.

Dont change the filter. Change the water. Ammomia is toxic to fish and is the result of decaying organic matter. So you are overfeeding. Crush the flake. Feed a tiny sprinkle and look at it from below the waterline. Yes you have to take out 25-50 petcent of the water. Declorinate new water at around the same temp and pour it in there. benificial bacteria live in the rocks and on the filter pad that breakdown ammomia into nitrate which is harmless to freshwater fish. Read up om whats known as "cycle".

Back
Top Bottom