our 40g has all the sudden taken a turn for the worse. some of the fish had ich so we put rid-ich in the tank. this afternoon we found our clams dead and a couple fish
Just a hunch, but it seems possible that maybe you are having a case of ammonia posioning. The medication in the rid ich (malachite green) is a toxic poison, even more so to invertebrates. Most fish can tolerate it, however they are some fish (scaleless for example) that can't. Possibly, the rid-ich killed your clams, and the ammonia from their death leaked out into the tank for hours, and poisoned your fish.
Again, just a hunch of mine. I could be wrong. I would keep up on the daily pwc
's and keep us updated on your ammonia, trite, and trate readings.
Sorry to hear about your fish. Good luck. 8)
Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here
Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.