Fish flashing, rubbing on rocks etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soh15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Platy that has no signs of ICH, but is flashing. Seems fine other that the flashing. I have had ICH in the past, but do not see any what spots. Any ideas? Do fish just sometimes do that? Gills seem fine, NAT, NIT and AMO all at "0". Temp 82F. PWC 30% weekly. Any ideas?

Any disease causing this behaviour besides ich could be:
Skin and gill flukes- fish gill pump fast, fish hangs below surface, fish breathes fast
Anchor worm- fish have parasites 3/4 in long attached to sides of body
Velvet disease- a yellow-gray coating on fins and skin
Chlorine poisining- fish are pale and covered in mucus, some have redness on parts of body

HTH

I would have to say, if there is no visible sign of ich, it is definitely some sort of internal parasite or just some skin irritation.

If your tank permits, put some aquarium salt in. And I noticed your temp is a little high. Lower it slowly to 79. The higher the temp, the less oxygen you are providing your fish.

I also noticed you said your nitrates are 0. Do you have a well planted tank? If not, you should have some sign of nitrates.

I have a ton of plants. So the salt is out. Guess I will wait and see. There are no signs of anything on him so I will just keep an ey on him, Thanks

Back
Top Bottom