Fish got Spooked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
My large Pearl Gourami got spooked in the tank and took off like a bolt of lightning hitting the aquarium floor or side of the tank pretty hard. It happened in an instant. She got stuck under a plastic plant root. I moved the root and although seemingly stunned swam away. This happened last night. Tonight she is swimming crooked and like a swirling leaf.

What should I do? Leave her and see if she comes out of it, put her down with clove oil tomorrow (would need to go to the store for it)? :(

I wouldn't put her down if she was otherwise healthy I think she can recover. Can you get a picture of her or anything?

This morning it took a bit to find her she is hiding in between a rock and plant and bubbler bar in the back of the tank, you can really only see her side. So I can't get a good shot photo wise at her.She looks like she is still breathing. She is the largest of four that I have, very beautiful and healthy otherwise. Her buddies are great, no illness or other issues with them.

She didn't look like she had any bruises, red marks, opens wounds or anything. She is more pale colored than usual though. Those are the only observations I had. I don't want to make her move and stress her any further.

Maybe she has a concussion, if fish get that and will be ok in a few days, but she didn't look ok.

Back
Top Bottom