Fish has cataracts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brinahna_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think my fish has cataracts! She isn't acting different or scratching her eye so it can't be cloudy eye. Here is a picture
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396142119.133072.jpg

Can you please post your tank size, stock and exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Water change schedule?

True cataracts are actually not very common in fish and will typically affect a single eye (not both equally). Water quality issues are the primary causative factor behind equally cloudy eyes. Bacterial and/or fungal infections (usually secondary to water quality issues that result in corneal damage) are also possible. Some more information will help!

Can you please post your tank size, stock and exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph? Water change schedule?

True cataracts are actually not very common in fish and will typically affect a single eye (not both equally). Water quality issues are the primary causative factor behind equally cloudy eyes. Bacterial and/or fungal infections (usually secondary to water quality issues that result in corneal damage) are also possible. Some more information will help!

She has a 3 gallon, heated ( 76 degrees), and filtered tank and she is the only one in there. I actually don't have the test kit for ammonia,nitrite, and nitrate but I am going to get one soon but I need my money for something else right now so ya :/ but I do have a Ph kit and it is 7.6 ( ya I know I have hard water lol) and I change 25% every week ( Monday to be exact lol )

Back
Top Bottom