Fish has ick bad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aconley2468

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55g freshwater tank. It has 2 Dalmatian mollies, 1 orange panda molly, and a clown pleco. The mollies have been in the tank for about three months and where all when the same tank at the pet store and the clown pleco was added later about 2 weeks ago. The clown pleco brought ick into the tank without me catching it and all four of them got it. I have been treating with the API super ick cure. I did one dose and another after 48 hours so we are on day 3ish of treatment. The mollies have clearly gotten better as the spot are going away but the clown pleco has got it bad! I’m a new fish mom so I don’t really know what to do and how quickly they are supposed to recover. One of my mollies has had ick before right when the pet store I saw the spots I never treated the tank because I didn’t even know what it was at first, but she just got better! The temp is at 80 and I haven’t been testing the water due to the fact that it is blue and the results would have hard to read. I took the filter cartridges out but the filter is still running. I’m at a loss currently. Please help! Advice would be Appreciated!

I have a 55g freshwater tank. It has 2 Dalmatian mollies, 1 orange panda molly, and a clown pleco. The mollies have been in the tank for about three months and where all when the same tank at the pet store and the clown pleco was added later about 2 weeks ago. The clown pleco brought ick into the tank without me catching it and all four of them got it. I have been treating with the API super ick cure. I did one dose and another after 48 hours so we are on day 3ish of treatment. The mollies have clearly gotten better as the spot are going away but the clown pleco has got it bad! I’m a new fish mom so I don’t really know what to do and how quickly they are supposed to recover. One of my mollies has had ick before right when the pet store I saw the spots I never treated the tank because I didn’t even know what it was at first, but she just got better! The temp is at 80 and I haven’t been testing the water due to the fact that it is blue and the results would have hard to read. I took the filter cartridges out but the filter is still running. I’m at a loss currently. Please help! Advice would be Appreciated!

I just beat a case of ich two weeks ago on my 75 gallon cichlid tank. Raise temp to 86 degrees and add aquarium salt following directions on bottle, and 20% water changes every 2-3 days. After the spots are completely gone leave the temp up at 86 for another 10 days or so before lowering. And never buy a fish from a pet store lol, just kidding. But yea I’ve read that every fish tank has ich in it it just depends what stage it is in for it to become a problem.

I just beat a case of ich two weeks ago on my 75 gallon cichlid tank. Raise temp to 86 degrees and add aquarium salt following directions on bottle, and 20% water changes every 2-3 days. After the spots are completely gone leave the temp up at 86 for another 10 days or so before lowering. And never buy a fish from a pet store lol, just kidding. But yea I’ve read that every fish tank has ich in it it just depends what stage it is in for it to become a problem.

Those temps are based on a cichlid tank, may be different for yours

If your gonna use meds, hikari ich-x and kordon rid ich plus work better than the api stuff. Sometimes the heat and salt alone will work tho

I have used all 3 methods in conjunction on a cichlid tank. Read the directions on meds tho. Most at full strength will kill some species. I wiped out 6 buenos ares tetras once

Back
Top Bottom