Fish hospital idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So. I want to start a kind-of fish hospital thing.

Ill probobly set this up in my room or something so my space is limited and all I want to do is have 2 or 3 small tanks (already have a 15 gallon saltwater and empty 20 gallon then I want another small tank) and all I want to do is buy sick fish and make them healthy ^.^
I'm not allowed to set up anymore heaters and stuff but now I have the time to do water changes and stuff.
My question here is; is it a worthwhile idea an what medicines and stuff will I need to get this running!
And also, say I have a Betta with ich and then a Molly or something with ich can I put them in the same tank and treat them together?

Wait, are you trying to make a commercial use out of this? Like an actual fish hospital? If so, this might be held illegal as you have no license to diagnose or treat an living creature. I'm just wondering. Also, if you are trying to buy them, treat them, then resell them, it might be a good idea.
Also, depending on the severity, you should be able to put them together, but usually, it's the tank that is infected, not the fish. The parasite only grabs on to the fish, but lives in the tank.

Awesome idea! One question though, are you going to take other people's pets and treat them, or are you going to buy the fish then treat it and sell the healthy fish to another person? Treating other people's pets like a vet might be against the law if you don't have a licence.

Didn't realize my post from before didnt go through lol
I just work at an aquarium where they kill the unhealthy fish so I want to take them home because I can't bare to watch that :( I was thinking just mostly bettas and stuff and then Ill sell them :)

I dont think it will work. Mostly because sick fish rarely make it and you will.make yourself sick if you start using lots of meds

I was thinking mostly just water changes :/

They let me take the fish for free most of the time so I thought I may as while try to help them then just allow them to be killed :(

I was thinking mostly just water changes :/

They let me take the fish for free most of the time so I thought I may as while try to help them then just allow them to be killed :(
It really depends. I think you'll be wasting money on meds, additional test kits, water, time, filters, food. Its a lot of work, but who were you expecting to sell these too?

Just on gumtree or something :/ I just really hate seeing saveble fish being killed if I have room for them

Back
Top Bottom