Fish missing scales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SabrenaLeigh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I posted the other day about my fish dying, and I got the water taken care of, but now one of my fish is missing scales! It looks like he got hurt from something, no signs of ick. I do have a suspected pregnant live bearer, not really sure if it is pregnant, that is aggresive, do you think it could be her and should I seperate them?

Missing scales can come from a bite, disease or the fish ran into something. What kind of fish are we speaking about?

the fish with the missing scales is a Gourami and the small fish are Zebra Danios, not to sure on that one my Husband brought home but it looks just like my fish

Just keep your water levels pristine over the next couple weeks and watch for any kind of secondary infection like fuzzy stuff around the area, otherwise with clean water the fish will heal very quickly.

I have that on one of my serpaes right now. Just a missing patch of red scales. Still eats and swims, so just watching and changing water as usual.

Back
Top Bottom