Fish on Fish Violence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Picked up an albino red top zebra from my lfs, and I was given his tank mate for free. The reason is because the one I bought had beaten the brakes off of this other fish and it looked rather weak. While I have the healthy red top in my tank with my other fish, I have the beaten up one in a hospital tank that I dosed with Prime (just because), and a double dose of Seachem Stress Guard. He's alone, under low blue LED night lights. Is there anything else I can do to help this fish survive? All of my fish that I've found in this state I haven't been able to save, and I'd really like to save a fish for once.

I have had luck with melafix if there doesn't seem to be an infection. If you suspect there is I would try maroxy by Mardel. That stuff works MIRACLES

It's day 2 and it's still alive. Did a water change earlier today. I hope I didn't stress it out too badly as it was swimming around as best it could with no tail fin.

The fish survived the water change just fine, and I saw her eat some flake food today. (y) She is missing a majority of her tail fin, and her other fins are still raggedy, but I've only had her 2 days so I know fins take some time to heal. Tomorrow I'll put her in full white light as a normal fish and observe her behavior. I SHOULD do a water change as well, but I think we are out of the danger zone for her. She is in no shape for general population, but she looks like she's no longer on death's door. YAY!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom