Fish on side!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kattastorphy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two green spotted puffers I have had for over 6months. I woke up 4 days ago and my biggiest puffer cheetah was twirling like a football. Thinking about whirling disease I isolate him so if contagious it wouldn't hurt my baby puffer. It took almost a whole day but he finally stopped spinning. He just lays at bottom of Tupperware on his side. He has been like this for 3 days. How can I help cheetah? They are in brackish water the day before I fed him pond snails he was only one that ate the snails. I took them out when I saw him spinning. My other puffer is just fine and acting normal. My readings are:
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: .5
Kh: 300
Ph: 7.4
Any advice would be great!

The last time i did research on this was long ago and there was no cure. The fish is goinv to die and you should put it down in a humane way. The other fish will more than likely get it but you.can wait to see. You need to clean the tank with 9 parts water to 1 part bleach along with all the decor. Good luck and im sorry for the bad info.

My other fish will catch it? Even if its been over 4 days and he even acting normal??? :(

A fish can live for years and not show symptoms if memory serves me right. It could also just be come deformed. Try doing a Google search and see info on it

I have. The only reasons I can find are whirling disease or a bladder infection. I fasted him for a day and a half and tried o feed him a pea but he wouldn't eat it. I gave him a few blood worms yesterday and he ate them up quick but I didn't give him a lot. Everyone who asks question about it there fish died over night so then they never really have answers. Mines been alive like this for longer than 4days.

I have. The only reasons I can find are whirling disease or a bladder infection. I fasted him for a day and a half and tried o feed him a pea but he wouldn't eat it. I gave him a few blood worms yesterday and he ate them up quick but I didn't give him a lot. Everyone who asks question about it there fish died over night so then they never really have answers. Mines been alive like this for longer than 4days.

You can try treating with Kanamycin Sulfate but when a fish just lays like your saying it normally doesn't last long before it dies. You can find the med here.
http://www.angelsplus.com/MedsAntibiotic.htm

Puffers don't eat flakes? How will I get him to even eat anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom