Fish 'sick' for almost a year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teknofilechik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 29 gallon tank set up for almost two years now. My giant danios started showing signs of being sick about a year and a half ago. I have one left, but they were rather old fish (four years) and I attributed their deaths to age.
They developed an odd white area almost like scar tissue on their lips and fins. Two developed cloudy eyes. I have treated the tank with Triple Sulfa, pimafix, and another medicine I had found at Petco, but the white didn't go away. I've never had a case of ich or fungus yet, so I'm not sure if this was ich or not. It never went away, but it never spread either. My one remaining danio doesn't have any white spots (he may have had one on his tailfin at one point, I can't remember), but his eye is slightly swollen and cloudy, and has been that way for a year and a half.
He seems to be living a decent life (although his companions have passed away recently), but can anyone provide some insight as to what this may have been?
Is he possibly just blind in this eye?

Kinda looks like it too. After minor research on the Internet, what would you suggest? I've dosed the tank with antibacterials and anti-fungals before (and yes, I remembered to remove the carbon), and he is active and healthy, less now that his buddies passed away but still active and eating... Should I just leave him be?

Back
Top Bottom