Flashing platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljk09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 sunburst platys and 1 balloon molly who has been flashing. There are no signs of ich. Everyone's eating fine, there's been no new additions for months, and my parameters are

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 ppm (I have live plants)

My tank has been cycled for 6 months. I need suggestions. Should I possibly try the heat method? Medicate? I've tried to medicate not too long ago and it stopped. Maybe I need to try a different medication.

Any suggestions on meds would be very helpful.

Unfortunately this happens a lot on here :| post go unnoticed problems don't get solved fish die .
I would love to give advice but I have no idea what flashing is.
I'm going to do some research tho so maybe if it happens to me I will know about it.

Good luck to you tho!

Unfortunately this happens a lot on here :| post go unnoticed problems don't get solved fish die .
I would love to give advice but I have no idea what flashing is.
I'm going to do some research tho so maybe if it happens to me I will know about it.

Good luck to you tho!

Thanks :) flashing is when they rub up against rocks like they are 'scratching' it's usually cause by some sort of parasite. I hope you don't have to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom