Flicking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello would like some advise on my african cichlids who have always flicked off the sand and rubbed on rocks quite regularly. Iv had my tank for 7 months iv got cuckoo cat fish, senegal birchir, redtail shark and a crayfish but the cichlids ar the only ones who ar flicking.
My tank is 8.5×2×2 foot and i do regular water changes 25/35% a week. My ph is 8.0 ,ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite no2 o ppm, nitrate no2 0ppm.
Iv used anti parasite and fugus treatments.
Fish seem happy and they are always having fry.
Thankfull for any suggestions thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry i missed out that im using a fluval fx6 filter with about 35 fish in there tank sits at 28'c thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like external parasites. The safest treatment would be a 3-5 minutes dip in salt water for the affected fish. If you use a commercial parasite treatment on the whole tank, be aware that it could be harmful to your crayfish.

Thanks for reply didn't know it would harm my cray fish, won't be putting it in again. Do u recomend using the tank water in a bucket? And how much salt should I use ?
Thanks fez

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advise the salt water dip worked great

Back
Top Bottom