Floating Gourami??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheadle Chick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what condition this Gourami was suffering from. My friend had a blue paradise that one day suddenly had problems with buoyancy. It seemed to have trouble maintaining depth near the bottom or middle of the tank and it seemed to float sideways. The first time I saw it I thought it was dead for sure because it was on it's side floating at the top of the tank. But if you'd tap a little on the tank lid it would start swimming again and look normal, but as soon as it stopped moving it's fins it would again list to one side and float to the top. It was very weird. And yes the fish did survive and actually came back to normal again. I've just never seen this before, I was sure the fish was almost done for.

Likely some sort of internal infection that interfered with the Swim Bladder. If the fish is still alive, you can try treating with an antibiotic such as Maracyn-Two.

Back
Top Bottom