Fluorescent Light Affecting Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhilkyanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just put in new fluorescent lights on my 10 gallon, since then I got 3 new Von rio flame tetras and it seems like they hide under my plants and in corners... When the light is off and I just see them through daylight they are running all over the tank super active! Is it the extreme light scaring them or bothering them? If so what are my options to dim the lights more? The rosbora danios are fine with the lights it seems, thanks for the help!

I have really high light in the tank that has some Von rio tetra as well. They are totally fine with it. Since you just added them, my guess would be that they just need some time to get acclimated to a new tank. Maybe after a week they should get settled in. It helps if your tank is heavily planted to help them reduce their stress.

Ok great thank you! Glad you have the same fish and can speak from experience for me. Also a good idea with the one tube! I'll leave it for a week or two then make a change if necessary, thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom