Forgot to remove carbon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
So long story short.... My fish have aeromonas and I'm treating with Baytril baths for 5 hours. Anyway did my first bath and forgot to remove the carbon and it was in with the meds for about 5 minutes. I personally don't think 5 minutes is long enough to remove any meds but I thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

I am bit confused here. Did you add the baytril to your tank? I assume you are treating with this under veterinary supervision as using baytril in a bath form is not very common.

How old was the carbon? What gph does the filter with the carbon run? How heavily stocked is your tank? This will help determine if the carbon removed all or a bit of the med.

No it's a plastic bin about 15 gallons with about 10 fish. Not treating the main tank. There is just a small filter for a 1 gallon tank in there to keep the water circulating along with an airs tone. Yes I've swabbed my fish and sent the swabs for sensitivity testing and the drug of choice was Baytril. Per my vets recommendation.

The carbon is about a year old but I don't use the filter very often it's only a spare for emergencies.

Back
Top Bottom