Friend's Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, a friend sent me this photo of his Angel, which seems to have something going on with his fin. Any suggestions for my friend's Angelfish? Thank you!

Attachments

• image-2578159565.jpg
    image-2578159565.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 71
WOW! That looks like a TERRIBLE case of fungus!

Treat that with some fungus medication ASAP! I recommend Fungus Guard by Tetra

Now that's fungus! I've never seen it that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarantine it and heavily treat it. Sorry that's all the info I can give, I've never had a real fungal infection. They're extremely rare and usually are miss diagnosed but this is fungus.

That's a fancy angle too. I forget the name but the kind with the weird scales are my fav

It's a pearl scale angel (well, mix). Pretty. I've never seen true fungus either, but that sure seems to be the case. Any other fish in the tank? Are they infected?

im not judging there fish keeping but i see lots of algae build up on everything and im wondering how often they are doing water changes and vacuums. but make sure after qt ing the fish to drain a lot of the water and do a darn good cleaning of the tank. and as angelfish girl said the tetra fungus killer is good and i would also add some to the main tank as a precaution as bad as the fungus is. its probably form some sort of wound that got infected and is spreading. clean water is the key rite now till healed up

Yes I believe bob is correct. It is true fungus no doubt about it, although again I do think he's correct in saying it was acquired from a wound. If you haven't already quarantine him and treat him.

Back
Top Bottom