Fungal infection or cotton mouth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
20170807_084449-01.jpg
20170807_084445-01.jpeg

Flee reflex is entirely absent.

I actually ran out of my ammonia test, so I guess I better buy more nowish. Nitrite is 0, nitrate is 20.

Last week she got herself stuck in kuhli cove twice. Both times I got her out quickly, and each time she swam off normally. She has been resting on the bottom.

I've isolated her. Debating treating or reorganizing. Thoughts?

Sounds like she is on a downward spiral. It looks like a fungus to me, which is often times the final ailment following a bacterial infection or natural breakdown due to age. The prognosis is probably not good. Hope she heals up.

I always find it hard with pale fish - you could try a bacterial / fungal med combination. No flee sounds bad though.

This might not help as was looking up what flee reflex was and found this
11ec7a55f63f0f2a2b6dbc331f859c02.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised to report that Elsa is doing much better this morning. Her color is much brighter, she's swimming normally, and I can't see her nose because she is emphatically hiding herself.

I had done a Methylene blue bath before putting her in quarantine, and I've treated that water with Kanaplex and Furan-2, because that's what I have on hand.

When I removed her, I was pretty sure she had hours to live. Now she's looking pretty okay.

Elsa's prognosis deteriorated a lot over night. She's currently struggling to remove herself from the sponge cover of the filter inlet. I've removed her, but then she swam by it again. I guess I'll turn the filter off.

She doesn't seem to have much control over her body, and she has a red spot on her shoulder.

I have to leave for a bit, but I'll euthanize her when we get home.

Back
Top Bottom