Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SamanthaSSJ

Aquarium Advice Newbie
All of a sudden I noticed what has to be a fungus infection on my black mollies (and even on the gravel, plants, etc.). Little white puff ball things. So I got a Fungal treatment and followed instructions - things are definately getting better, but...

After a few days I figured things were all better and put the filter back in. You guessed it - the fungus came back. So I treated the tank again. Then did a follow up treatment as instructed (removed 10% of the water and re-treated after 4 days). Things are looking better, but there is still some fungus there. How long can I/should I keep up these treatments?

Keep it up past what the box says to be sure that you killed everything. ALso, very good chance that the fungus is harboring somewhere in your filter cartridge. Try cleaning the cartridge under really hot water and cleaning really good....I would say replace it all together, but I'm pretty sure that that could mess up something with the cycling of your tank?
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom