Fungus/fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did a completely stupid thing and let a friend borrow some of my fish equipment (net, water changing hose, etc). I thought I cleaned it well but apparently I did not because one of my juvenile angels has what appears to be fin rot and some kind of white fungus. I have two dojo loaches in this tank and it's also heavily planted, I don't really expect this angel to make it but how do I treat everybody so they don't get it too? It's a 36g, trites and amm are 0 and trates are 20, there's a large school of neons and a school of purple kerri tetras.

These aren't the best, sorry. S/he's kind of hanging out at the back of the tank near the heater. This started as a couple of white dots yesterday, now all the dots are gone, and so are her fins.

Attachments

• photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 64
  • photo (22).JPG
    photo (22).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 64
I've had the same issue w/ one of my mollies having both fungus and fin rot. It's possible your angelfish is too far along to help, but you might as well try. I'd suggest using melafix by API, it's cured my same fish twice from fin rot.

Back
Top Bottom