FW Aquarium Test Kit for the Color Blind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been trying to use the Mardel Master Test Kit Strips to test my aqauriums for the last few months.

I have a bad case of Green/Brown Color Blindness....

So I can see Nitrate and Nitrite readings...but I cannot read anything else, especially pH (the whole range looks to be the same color to me.

Wife is getting a little annoyed as I have to ask her to read the strips.

Any recommendations on a Full Aquarium Test Kit (at least pH, Hardness, Ammonia, Nitrite and nitrate) that would be a bit easier for me to read and do not have shades of green and brown to distinguish from.

Thanks

Steve Charles

you could take a pic with a digital cam and put it on the comp. then reverse the colors and you'll see what the ph is at? like brown will turn into red and green blue?

This is a tricky problem that I have heard about before, but never heard of a solution.

I would try buying your tests individually. Go to the LFS and check out Aquarium Pharmaceuticals and Red Sea, they are a couple of brands that have different colors from each other, if I recall correctly. Look into each box and pull out the card to see what colors you will be dealing with. You might be getting a Red Sea pH test, but an AP ammonia test, etc.

Back
Top Bottom