GBR sitting on the ground all the time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a better side pic from this morning

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420839417740.jpg
    1420839417740.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 88
And the other side

Attachments

• 1420839565886.jpg
    1420839565886.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 79
What's your stocking like? Plants will be fine with that temp but other fish may not be.

Read the medication packages, they will say if its safe for plants and such. But yes api general cure is safe.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Most all cases I've come across involving gbrs sitting on the bottom ultimately results in death. Mine did this, i qt ' d with Gen cure for a week, he showed a little progress but died a few days after the qt. I meant hard question as in euthanizing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's your stocking like? Plants will be fine with that temp but other fish may not be.

Read the medication packages, they will say if its safe for plants and such. But yes api general cure is safe.

Stocking:
6x harlequin rasboras
7x neons
1x clown pleco
5x kuhli loaches
2x GBRs
And a bunch of mts and pond snails

Most all cases I've come across involving gbrs sitting on the bottom ultimately results in death. Mine did this, i qt ' d with Gen cure for a week, he showed a little progress but died a few days after the qt. I meant hard question as in euthanizing.

Yeah I remember you saying that you tried Gen cure. I might still do it just to say I tried everything.....I've def thought about euthanizing but it just seems like he's not ready to go yet. I've only euthanized fish that were on the brink of death and were going to infect the rest of the tank like with dropsy or ich or something.

The rasbora and neons won't enjoy the high temps. Could be part of the problem though. You have some fish that like heat and others that prefer a little cooler.

The kuhli and gbr like low to mid 80's ideally 82-84

GBR' s I have fugured are a hit or miss kinda fish. Unless you get them from a reputable breeder it hard to keep them alive for long.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree, rams are touch and go. They are tend to drop dead if a cold breeze rolls through.

I know that's what stinks because they're such beautiful fish.

With the loaches you might want to be a little careful with meds :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah admittedly I didn't get them from the best fish store...it was somewhere I'd never been before and I've never been back. It sucks cuz the one GBR is fine but stressed cuz it's lonely.....if I had another healthy one I feel like I could keep them for a long time!

How's your guy doing today?

How's your guy doing today?

Thanks for checking in ☺ He is the same as always, sitting under some plants with the kuhlis. He always hangs around them even though they swim all over him all the time...I fed him some shelled peas yesterday and I'm gonna do that again today after a wc

Not sure if we've discussed an Epsom salt bath? If he's blocked that can help??

Not sure if we've discussed an Epsom salt bath? If he's blocked that can help??

No I've never heard of that but I want to try it! I feel like he's blocked up because I think anything else would've killed him by now. Have you done one before?

No I have not, I'd google a few.accounts or wait for someone else to chime in on the matter. It's pretty basic, net him and dip.him in the Epsom salt bath for x minutes consisting of x grams of salt.. fine details of the process elude my simple brain:)

Ok here's an update. I bought daphnia, been feeding it often, increased water changes and nothing has made a difference. I'm considering the worst here....euthanizing him. He can't be comfortable or happy and the other, healthy GBR is stressed. Any thoughts?

GBR'S are not my forte . Everyone I have had died within 6 months. It's not me I'm convinced because my water perameters were perfect and my tank was VERY established. Maybe the GBR'S I purchased were modified hormonaly?

Well the saga has finally ended. I euthanized the sick GBR today. Nothing I tried had any effect and I just noticed a sore developing behind one of his fins so I decided to let him go. I used clove oil. I need to get a new one to pair with the 1 healthy one in my tank but don't know if I should wait or what....I will probably post a new thread asking about that. Just an FYI for anyone still following this

Back
Top Bottom