German Blue ram in pain PLEASE HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyds001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 135 litre tank with 23 fish of various freshwater species (Tetra, Mollies, Gouramis, louches and shrimp). Two of these fish are a breeding pair of German Blue ram cichlids. I noticed this morning that the female wasn’t swimming properly and couldn’t propel herself forward in the water very effectively. I had a closer look and noticed that her tail fin was missing! I don’t know if she has had it bitten off by others in the tank, if it is a case of finrot or if she has damaged herself due to decorations in the tank but I’ve noticed that the male has been chasing her around the tank quite a bit.
Is there any way I can help the situation, I have a quarantine tank set up and ready to go if needs be but I don’t want to stress her out that much. Recommendations on anything I can do to aid her healing is greatly needed and appreciated!?
Here is a picture of what she looked like before and a picture of what she looks like now...

Attachments

• 95A00AF1-10DF-4B71-910F-A3882A840AEF.jpg
    95A00AF1-10DF-4B71-910F-A3882A840AEF.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 62925AD3-E53D-49B0-B7E8-D020E0D7578F.jpg
    62925AD3-E53D-49B0-B7E8-D020E0D7578F.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 59
I think I would move her to hospital tank to recover.
Is that her in the pic with male before you noticed ?
If so I would say she has been whipped by someone in the tank pretty hard..

Are there any meds I can give her to speed up recovery while she’s still in the big tank? Or is quarantine the best way forward?

I would use Methylene blue but not in main tank.
The fish was whipped not fallen ill.
It will fall ill if it can not recover peacefully..
Only one male and one female ram ?

Back
Top Bottom